
After driving "Platanna" over the summer and taking a share of the profits, I was approached by the owners who are now wanting to sell the business.
So, as of this coming weekend, both the boats in this picture will be mine - "Three Summers" the pretty one with the outboard is the one I built in London, and "Platanna" with the awning which is the commercial one.
The most important part of this deal is not so much the boat, which needs a bit of work, but the commercial licence to use it (or any other boat of mine) on the river. There are only three licences. One for the "African Queen" (quite possibly one of THE most unattractive vessels ever built - see below) one for "River Rat" and one for "Platanna."

So, there you have it - perhaps choosing the user name "Skipper" before moving back to Africa was a premonition of sorts.
'cos now I really am one!
:) :) :)

No comments:
Post a Comment