Tuesday, 17 March 2009

One last fling!

We decided we needed a weekend off, and went to Cape Town to meet up with some friends, do some touristy stuff, and generally relax a bit before life gets turned upside-down with the new arrival, due in four weeks!! Only four weeks!! Eek!!!

Besides, my Dremel died last week, and I had to get a replacement, which isn't easy to find locally (another excuse to go to the Mother City)!! Before anyone suggests I'm crazy to replace a dead tool with another one just like it, it really wasn't designed to build a 17' boat, but it did, and probably did more hours than any other Dremel out there!!

So, a bit of V&A, a bit of coastal driving - the road between Camps Bay and Suikerbossie above Hout Bay must be one of the best twisty bits of smooth tarmac in the world, and begs for the right foot to press down a bit more than is sensible, but I refrained. Mostly.

Ended up at the "Lookout" at Hout Bay harbour for lunch on Sunday afternoon, where the view wasn't too shabby:


Then back home on Monday. Summer seems to be coming to an end, with the weather dropping form 32º on Sunday to 18º today, with an overnight low of 8.5º!! Ouch!! Still, I had the best night's sleep for ages, snugly curled up beneath the duvet, instead of throwing off the covers in an attempt to keep cool and leaving myself at the mercy of the mozzies (mosquitoes, irritating whiny things).

I seem to have volunteered the little boat, Suzy Doo, for patrol as a safety boat during our town's first triathlon, which will be held on Saturday. Let's hope the temperature goes up a bit, otherwise no-one's going to do the swimming bit if it stays like this!

The First Mate is still growing, and last scan revealed the little one to be approximately 2.5kg, a bit ahead of her time - I'm really hoping she doesn't decide to come early!! But, I guess she'll make up her own mind, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4 weeks left......darn right you say eek. Just remember your life will never be yours again........LOL. I know all about it, been there done that and have the T-shirt.