Sunday, 13 December 2009

The Boat.

Not, not the usual one(s)!

This is Platanna, named after a type of frog common to the area.


Not my boat, but I'm now her skipper, on a part time basis. Probably one of the most difficult boats to drive I've experienced, with a chugging diesel driving a water-jet: steering is finicky to say the least! Still, I drove her on Friday afternoon with her owner, then did my first 'solo' yesterday morning, as a commercial river cruiser (in the sense that I had paying passengers), and handling gets better very quickly with practice. Nice to know, but I think the steering cable might be a bit clogged up inside - my arms are sore today.

All in all, it gets me on the water, and I get paid for it!!!

Then, another wedding last night! Today is definitely a day off!

:)

No comments: