Friday, 14 August 2009

Suzy, R.I.P.

An e-mail I sent to a friend this morning, after his concerned enquiry as to our Suzy:

Suzy always suffered from allergies, and it more-or-less affected her whole system, to the extent that she would wee/poo whenever needed, not matter where she was at the time. That's the main reason all the internal doors in the house are kept closed, to try and contain her to one area. Rachel's going to start exploring soon, and we had to do something - and after talking to animal welfare and the vet, we were really only left with one option.

Tough one, and I don't feel good about it, but we think it was best for all, including Suzy who never really had fun in life.

Jack and Oscar know something's changed, even though they never really interacted with Suzy, and they're both suddenly a bit more 'needy' the past day or so. Still, if it makes them come into the house a bit more, then hopefully things will be better for them too. Sometimes I think they got a raw deal being moved here, unfamiliar place and all, then have to contend with an over-affectionate dog that keeps chasing them into the boat. They never saw eye-to-eye over in London, with Jack's territory being outside and Oscar's being inside, with both defending their spot from each other (sometimes quite violently), with the only truce being at dinner time. Now they are sleeping next to each other in the kitchen.



She will be missed.

:(

No comments: