Monday, 12 January 2009

Our home!

Thought I'd show what it looks like here.

View from the street, showing the front of the house:

A view from the stoep (that's "porch" or "veranda" in other parts of the world):

And the back garden:


Notice the nice boat! Taken it out twice now, and both times other skippers have commented on what a nice boat it is.. ;) - note, none have them have asked me to build one for them yet... :(

The boat goes faster that it should. Dunno why or how, but theoretical top speed on a 17" pitch prop at 5500 rpm is 53km/h. That's assuming no slippage (which always happens). So how come I'm doing 55km/h? Magic boat? Must be! Anyway, I'm more than happy with it!

As to the skipper's ticket, did my eye test (I can see) and medical (I'm not dead) so now only have to tally up my hours to get approved. After that, skipper for life - no re-tests, unless I want to extend my range. For now, I will be limited to one nautical mile offshore. I'm going to up-rate that to 5 miles (a bit of navigation theory needed, but not much).

Oh, and for those up north, only 34ºC here today. Starting to acclimatise: I put a coat on at 22º.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love to see more of the house, boat..etc.....But, please, please, less about the awful hot weather!! Like the house, by the way...Lee...x