
It may be dirty and manky, and dusty, and have doggy-doo all over the garden (I use that term loosely) which is in serious need of a mow, amongst other things - but it's ours!
We spent a couple of hours this afternoon removing nails from walls, bat wing doors (??) and 70's style pelmets from above the curtains that were left behind (I wish they hadn't).
Dust everywhere, dead flies on the window sills, a pond - soon to be removed - full of mosquito larvae, and the grass full of the dogs' (3) leftovers... How do people live like this? They apparently only lived there for 18 months or so, but it was like going into a previously unopened Egyptian tomb, only that would have been cleaner!
Anyway, like I said, IT'S OURS! And, as the estate agents say, it has potential. And lots of it! The lounge area is bigger than the maisonette (not counting loft) we had in London. And that included two bedrooms, a lounge, kitchen and bathroom!
Tomorrow, operation clean-up starts.
And yes, I am looking forward to it.
(Still dusty and dirty) Skip!

No comments:
Post a Comment